WebShop
Hier gibt's die gadgets

Languages
Sprache für das Interface auswählen

English German

Login
Benutzername

Passwort

Kostenlos registrieren!. Gestalten Sie Ihr eigenes Erscheinungsbild. Passen Sie das Seitenlayout Ihren Wünschen an

gadgetpool.eu: Forum

gadgetpool.eu :: View topic - New Firmware V1.73 with bugfixes released for testing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

New Firmware V1.73 with bugfixes released for testing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    gadgetpool.eu Forum Index -> SeaTalk NMEA Link
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FWallenwein
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: New Firmware V1.73 with bugfixes released for testing Reply with quote

Today I released a new firmware version for the tiny SeaTalk NMEA Link.
New firmware for the BridgeSD128, mentioned in this thread, will be available shortly.

I had a longer exchange with codger at the Cruisers and Sailing Forum, and his explanations and logfiles helped a lot to solve the problems the old firmware had.

My problem is - I currently don't have access to to a boat with seatalk instruments.
So this firmware changes are tested on the workbench only.
I would need someone with a tiny seatalk-nmea link and a boat and the instruments that showed the problems. We certainly need some real word testing to verify this changes really solved to problems.

If someone out there is willing to test the new firmware, please let me know !
Again - it's not for the 128SD bridge, but for the smaller USB SeaTalk to NMEA0183 link.

Firmware can be downloaded from

Firmware :
https://www.gadgetpool.eu/nuke/downloads/gadgets/SeatalkNmeaLink/stLinkV1_73.hex

Firmware update tool for Windows :
https://www.gadgetpool.eu/nuke/downloads/gadgets/SeatalkNmeaLink/UpdateTerminal.zip

The files are also available in the download section of
https://www.gadgetpool.eu/nuke/index.php?newlang=english

Changes are :
    Fixed calculation of COG for RMC, GLL sentence.
    Before : magnetic variation was ignored in calculation.
    New : reading Compass variation from Seatalk datagram #99 and from NMEA RMC sentence and included into calculations.

Fixed VHW sentence.
    Before : VHW sentence was directly created from seatalk datagram 53.
    New : VHW data come from compass heading datagrams. Variation also included in calculation.

Position in 1000th of a minute. Before it was 100th of a minute
    RMC/ GLL sends ddmm.fff before ddmm.ff
    When more precise data are available, don't send unprecise data
    (i.e. When receiving SeaTalk position with 1000th minute, don't use 100th datagram)
    Same with STW and Water temperature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    gadgetpool.eu Forum Index -> SeaTalk NMEA Link All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: