SeaTalk NMEA Link (RS232) with galvanic isolation
Tiny SeaTalk NMEA Bridge with galvanic isolated RS232Read AND write data to the SeaTalk bus
- The easy way to bring SeaTalk instrument data to your boat computer and navigation software.
- The easy way to send data from your navigation software to SeaTalk instruments.
- Protects your equipment by full galvanic isolation between SeaTals and computer power
- May pluged direct to the computers using a provided connection cable
- Extended update function. Software may be updated by user anytime without any wiring changes.
Galvanic isolation protects your board computer and your instruments.
Galvanic isolation is especially interresting if your have different power sources for the board computer and the instruments.
I.e. the board computer can be connected to shore power, if you have different batteries for computer and instrumentation. It also protects your computer and your instruments in case the SeaTalk Nmea Link should accidently be connected with reversed polarity.
Alltogether - It simply makes the whole system more more reliable and safer.
This tiny SeaTalk NMEA Link has :
- 1 * SeaTalk port
- 1 * RS232 port
- 1 * 12 Volt power supply
SeaTalk data will be translated to standard NMEA sentences, that can be used by any normal software on the pc. ( SeaClear, Fugawi, Offshore Navigator and all the others. )
|Read SeaTalk -> Send to NMEA port||Read NMEA -> Send to SeaTalk|
NEW - now with autopilot track function
New Function. We have added functions to control an autopilot.
More information in our forum ( click here )
For further Information and Manual pls. check our Project Pages HERE
The bridge comes with a printed manual, all source codes of the bridge software, compilers for the Atmel processor used on the bridge, and bootloader software.
You can look at the software and change it to whatever you want.
( Programming knowledge in C for embedded proccessors is required )
To make sure that the SeaTalk-NMEA-Link is what you need, please read the manual before ordering.
A manual in PDF format can be loaded HERE